Thursday, September 4, 2008

DId you Know

This video surprised me in quite a few ways. It shocked me to realize the United States of America has less college graduates than India and China. I believe America is allowing our people to become less educated, and our people are becoming lazier. Our nation has to step things up a couple of notches, or we will no longer be considered a leading nation. Our country is considered to be a free nation, but many people have placed freedom with laziness.
Other things in the video did not surprise me. People are spending too much time on the computers and cutting important things out of our lives. People communicate easier in the internet than they do in person. I think this is destroying our nation's social skills. Americans bounce from job to job. There is no real job security in America. Companies are always looking for other people that will accept lower wages. I believe this is one of the reasons our economy is dropping. This video made me think about some things, because I am a Myspace user. I realize I will spend time glancing at other people's Myspace pages while I should be trying to further educate myself. We have to be careful of the things we do now, because we should not short future generations from real experiences by replacing them with computers.

No comments: