Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Technologically Illiterate

This post could be a very touchy subject. I believe it is based on the person's age experience on how they take this post. Older, technologically illiterate teachers would not agree with the post, but I believe most younger people going into education agree. In my experience, during my school years I typed more papers than wrote them. Our world is becoming more technologically advanced, so I believe it is important for teachers to follow.
People use emails now instead of writing letters. People do spreadsheets instead of adding problems. The computer can be used for every subject area in school. Teachers should take advantage of this. The students knowing more about computers than their teacher is just unaceptable. For teachers who are not wanting to learn about technology, it is a poor concept. Teachers should be motivated for lifetime learning even if it is technology. This is the new way to learn.

No comments: