Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blogs

I read Taylor Irwin's blogs. I enjoyed her blog, because she seemed to have a good sense of humor. She was good at typing things how she wanted them to be read. I did not read one thing and think she meant it in another.

I really enjoyed doing blogs this semester. It is a great thing to use, because all of the work is online. I will not lose the work, and it can be viewed by other people while interviewing for jobs. I like how I can express myself freely. In blogs a person can say exactly what she wants and not have to worry about being intterupted. If anyone else is like me, I can be on a roll about a subject, and then gett intterupted. I will then forget everything I was going to say about the topic.

Another good things about blogs, it is a great way to interact with other people. People can look at the page and respong if needed. Google also gives you the option of posting your personal email to your blog. This way if a person wants to discuss something personal with the writer, everyone else dose not have to have access to read the material. It is also a great way for teachers to put out information about classroom activities and assignments. If a students misses a day from school, which we all know happens occasionaly, he/she can go on the blog and get the work to make up. It can also be a great source of communication between teachers and parents. Every is so busy now. Everyone seems to miss calls way to often. This way teachers can let parents know everything that is going on in the classroom at the convience of the parents.

One disadvatage of blogs is the fact that anyone can view it. It is a dangerous world now, and a person can not go back and see who all has looked at the blog. If blogs could be private and viewable by select people, it would be much better. Also, some students whom are not computer literate may have a hard time using blogs and may feel left out of the process. Also, some students are not good at putting their words down in writiting (or in this case typing). My personal experience has been benificial, and I plan to use blogs in my career.

No comments: