Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Teacher Contact

For my teacher contact, I went to a chatboard at I was able to discuss technology with quite a few teachers from different areas. One teacher I chatted with stated they did not even have computer use at their school. As I began discussing with the other teachers many of them did not use much technology anyway.
One teacher from California, said her main use of technology was videostreaming. SHe would use them to play 1-3 minute clips before beginning a discussion. When asked about blogs, she stated she taught kindagarten. She felt like blogging would leave her students unprotected. I am not judging anyone, but she seemed as the type who did not like technology. She was describing one program she was taught about, and stated she could do the same thing with wooden blocks.
Another teacher I discussed with seemed more technology advanced. She was located in Canada. She used blogs in her classroom, and the students loved the experience. She also mentioned something about United Streaming which I did not know anything about, but it is a line a videos to improve test scores and students achievement.
Another teacher from texas, said blogs were blocked from their school.

No comments: