Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Listening to Podcast

At first, I would like to start off by saying I think every group did an excellent job for their first experienc with creating a podcast. The first podcast I listened to was "YouTube as an Educational Tool" by Chris Borchardt, DelanaBemis, and Heather Rodgers. In my personal opinion, the speakers did not seem interested in the topic they were discussing. They also had several pauses in their conversation. I think it could be improved by having notecards or deciding the order of speakers beforehand. I also think they could have talked about more specific uses of YouTube in the classes. They spoke about using videos in classes.I think adding more specific examples, such as a planet video for science, could have gave more detail to the conversation.
The next podcast I watched was "Technology used at South" by Jennifer Harris, Alison Hawes, and Amelia Perkins. This group did give many ideas about the technology at South, but I think the conversation turned more to the professors. On the subject of online classes, one speaker spoke about the professor of an online course. The way the classes were set up and the content of classes was not brought up. The way the professor interacted with the students was the main topic of that subject. ALso, on the Folieoteck the speakers trailed back to the professors. They did not describe the way folieoteck works. Instead they spoke about teachers helping with Folieoteck.
The third podcast was "Facebook as an Educational tool" by Theola Harris and Larrica Smith. I think the speakers should have concentrated more on ways to use facebook as a teacher and in the classroom. It seemed as if they focused on profiles and uploading pictures. The lsat one I listened to was "Experiences with Blogs". This group did a good job. I think they may could have switched the speakers up a little more. It seemed to me as if one person spoke for a majority of time.

No comments: